Monday, August 15, 2011

Stumbling Into Grace by Lisa Harper {Book Review}


Book Description:
Humorous yet poignant stories from Lisa's life help readers relate to spiritual truths found in the life and ministry of Christ.


Stumbling Into Grace is the diary-devotional of one woman's honest, ongoing, bumbling journey of faith and how she finds encouragement through a deeper understanding of Christ's time on earth. Within each chapter she alternates her often humorous memoir with stirring portraits of Jesus and his own encounters as recorded in the New Testament.

Both intimately relevant and refreshingly inspirational, this book will help readers to jettison the theological misconceptions, guilt, shame, and hypocrisy they struggle with, exchanging them for a vibrant, passionate relationship with Christ that results in a more abundant, joyful life.

My Review:
After each chapter, there is a Journal Entry that you yourself can input your thoughts of what Jesus has brought to you and the meaning of those gifts.  This book is part diary, part devotional.  Honestly, I was captured by the cover of this book.  The cuteness of the cover brought me about reading this book and actually enjoying it.  The author engaged me in wanting to read more.   Some books, you pick up and are able to put down, not this one, it kept me wanting to read more and laughing at times as I could relate to some things she was saying.

I am glad I read this book and am passing it down to my friends to hopefully enjoy as well.

I would recommend this book and give it 4 out of 5.

Disclosure:  I was provided with a copy of this book through my membership with Booksneeze to help abide in a complete and honest review of this book.  All opinions expressed above are complete, honest, accurate and 100% mine.

No comments: