Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home Decorating on a Budget: Easy Wall Art

I came across a blog the other day called Jens Idea and fell in love with the concept of her Easy Art Blocks though it seemed a big harder for me to do, so I made a few shortcuts and here is what I came up with:


Isn't it beautiful?  I think so too and believe it or not, so does my hubby....

Items used are as follows:

I took 9 pieces of Artist Board (the kind you paint) in 8 x 10 pieces.  They sold them in lots of 5 for $5.99 less 40% coupon at Michaels Craft Store (I bought 2 packages with 2 coupons).  I went through my storage of scrapbook paper and came up with the above pictured pieces.  These were all 12 x 12 pages.  I picked up the 3 flowers at Michaels Craft Store for $1.00 each (less 40% coupons), (yes I love my coupons), and got to work.

I placed the Artist Board in the center of each paper and folded like a present, than I used my handy package tape (yup, no glue needed), and got to tape-in.  Thereafter, once all the paper was adhered to the Board, I layed them out as to how I wanted them on the wall.  I then added the flowers with Gorilla Glue (those will be there for-eh-va. 

Guess how I hung them?  With 2 sided sticky tape.  Yup, no holes on the wall, nothing, just some easy-peasy tape that will come right off the wall.  It was that easy.

Total cost = $10.00

Now where can you get a beautiful and cheap wall hanging like that?  Because of the contrast of colors used in the paper, this brightens up my kitchen.  With brown walls and white cabinets, the added benefit of this is ah-may-zing....

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: